My husband and I made a “Kid Wash” for all the children in the family. It’s after a car wash. It cost $50 and only took 2 hours to build. I have put the link for the original plan below and I’ll include our “tweaks” here.
My only complaint is that I couldn’t find PVC pipe that didn’t have markings all over it. But nobody seems to notice that. A lot of it gets covered with the decorations.
The pictures are of my grandchildren. They got new raincoats that day and they came over to test both the Kid Wash and the new rain gear. As you can see, both worked!
Here is the link to the original plan:
- The overall size is about 8 feet long, 68-inches to the 2 top cross bars, and 33-inches wide. The front bar is 62-inches and the noodle makes it higher.
- Buy a PVC cutting tool! Ours only cost $12 and was well worth it!
- I bought a shower curtain on clearance and cut it into strips to make the flappy wipers thingies at the end.
- Add 1 cap to the list of parts. We put this on the end of the “gate”. It didn’t call for one in the instructions, but we found it finished it was needed.
- We assembled it before drilling the holes and then drilled the holes in place. Be careful NOT to drill all the way through!
- We used 1/16-inch drill bit instead of the 1/8-inch called for in the instructions. After researching other Kid Washes and the comments, we used a smaller drill bit for the holes and drilled less holes. You can always make them bigger if needed. The smaller size and number of holes still gave us good “sprinklage” and water pressure. I didn’t have to turn the hose on very much at all. We drilled 5 holes in the 2 back cross bars evenly spaced apart starting 1-inch in from the edges. We drilled 3 holes in each of the lower bars.
- Drill the top crossbar holes on the bottom so the water sprays down. Drill the side bar holes on the top so the water sprays straight up. You can twist all the bars to have the water spray where you want it to go.
Decorate how you’d like! Pool noodles are cheap and make your KidWash colorful. Even “big” kids will have fun.
NOW GET WET!